Since the preparations for our wedding (2014) in Tarifa, we fell in love with this still fairly unspoilt piece of Costa del Sol, the Axarquia. First we rented a house near Alcaucin, but soon we noticed that the summers were hotter there and the winters colder, not to mention the wind! We also missed the real life and that is why we chose this unique place! Valleniza is a hill covered with cosy urbanisations and we are with Casa Louisa on the highest point. So no buildings in front of us and certainly no noise, because one thing is certain … it breathes peace here! With the sea in front of our nose and the motorway at 6 minutes you are quickly ON THE ROAD to discover Andalucia. A big advantage because you waste little time to reach the main roads!
Casa Louisa is ideally situated to enjoy both peace and quiet as well as the real Spanish life!
The beach is only 500 metres away, but we recommend you to take your car to one of the many nice beaches in the neighbourhood. Parking is not a problem on the beach itself! The way back to Casa Louisa is rather steep and that might be a problem! Or would it be because we are not the youngest anymore …
Valleniza so the district is called is situated in the village Almayate, between Torre del Mar and Benagarafe, where especially the Spanish themselves come on holiday! Of course you can hear all European languages here! But still no real mass tourism and especially no extreme high-rise buildings but rather a typical tangle of buildings caused by the expansion of the towns! The clean beaches and streets are remarkable! The planting of the roundabouts with fountains and flowers is done every week by their caretakers. All days, winter and summer, the beaches are cleaned and smoothed! In Torre del Mar, young and old are sure to find what they are looking for, from cosy markets to beautifully laid out shopping streets, and especially a walk along the promenade is a great experience. From trendy beach bars to the best fish restaurants!
Cultural cities and white villages
- Málaga is half an hour’s drive away, the motorway is 5 minutes away and you drive straight into the centre past the picturesque fishing villages of El Palo and Pedregalego and along the coastal promenade to the centre.
- Granada is only an hour away! The Alhambra de Granada is waiting for you (always order tickets well in advance) in all its splendour with its breathtaking gardens. The best view of the Alhambra is from the old town of Albaycin! The road to Granada is also very easy and a beautiful route. Apart from culture, you can also go shopping in one of the largest shopping centres in Europe, Nevada Shopping.
- Sierra Nevada: is on the same road to Granada and is about an hour and 20 minutes drive. It is, of course, heavenly for ski-lovers in winter and a beautiful landscape in summer.
- Here you can also follow the beautiful route Las Alpujarras … picturesque white villages, each with its own character.
- Cordoba: along Lake Viñuela you drive along a hilly landscape with beautiful views on a 2 hours drive to this magical old Moorish city with the breathtaking Mezquita, Roman bridge and its authentic white alleys
- Ronda: drive along the Montes de los Nieves for the most beautiful and easiest route to the city, where you can enjoy both the Plaza de Tores and the famous Puente Nuevo. Just a little more from Casa Louisa.
- Seville: a bit more than 2,5 lane hours from our B&B, good advice: stay one night here and then return to experience the same evening. In any case, we have a top address!
- Caminito del Rey: at a small hour and tickets can be ordered through us idem rate, sometimes there appear to be none left but we always find some.
- Near our B&B you can also go for a stroll on the beautiful beach promenade of Torre del Mar with lots of beach bars and nice shops in the shopping streets (you can always get a discount in my favourite shop)
- At only 25 minutes you will find the touristy Nerja, which deserves a visit especially El Balcon de Europa. The famous caves are also worth a visit.
- Following Nerja, you can visit the picturesque village of Frigliana… and have a nice lunch in one of the typical Spanish restaurants.
Further places to visit : Comares, Colmenar, El Albuchal, Periana, Vinuela …..
Casa Louisa and nature
From our B&B there are many beautiful walking routes in the mountains that can be reached by car within 30 minutes! We have maps and are happy to give advice
If you like to ride a bike, you can rent one through us (normal, electric or racing bike)
A few more facts:
We have over 30 years experience in tourism and know how to give our guests a carefree holiday.
- we help you to book the best plane tickets and car
- you can book the B&B as well as rent the entire house up to 6 people?
- it is situated in a quiet urbanisation at only 500 metres from the beach with all amenities
- we give you a complete package with all the necessary information about the area, supermarkets, restaurants, beach bars, sightseeing, shopping etc etc.
- has a large terrace with lounge and dining area both sunny and covered
- offers a beautiful view over the sea and the mountains (high altitude)
- has a shared swimming pool at only 10 metres and is open every day from 9-23 hours
- a gym, paddle courts and playground in the urbanisation nearby, to which we give the key
- has a large roof terrace with views to Málaga and sometimes to Africa
- The kitchen has all the necessary appliances and utensils!
- You can watch all Flemish and Dutch TV stations as well as many other countries and Spanish stations.
- There is a smart TV with Netflix and it is possible to watch your own TV app with chromecast.
- All necessary travel guides are available as well as maps.
- a reading library from comics to bestsellers and cookbooks
- Radio and Spotify over Sonos
- Wifi over fiber, so super fast!
- The beds are of super quality
- is a very cozy house, decorated with taste!
- you are only at a 30 minutes drive from Málaga airport and Málaga city.
- You are close to the lively coastal town of Torre del Mar with its shops, restaurants, market, beach, activities, and a great atmosphere.
- You are also close to the best bakery!
- you are only at a half hour distance of Nerja, Frigliana
- you are only one hour away from Granada (city) and El Caminito del Rey (we gladly provide tickets)
- everything is available from shampoo to detergent
- All sheets, towels, beach towels and beach bags are present.
- we usually get the score 10 on booking
- is ideally situated for cyclists (you can park your bike in the front garden)
- our house is not suitable for disabled people in wheelchairs and small children who are not used to stairs, but we do know plenty of alternatives!
You get a welcome basket when you rent the house towards whatsapp +34 667742087